Here is video of Sen. JOhn McCain on the Senate Floor blasting President Barack Obama, saying of the Benghazi Scandal, “this president and this administration has either been guilty of colossal incompetence or engaged in a cover up, neither of which are acceptable to the American people.”
Here is video of the father of Navy sEAL, Tyrone Woods, who died a hero in the Benghazi Terrorist Attack, giving a pointed message to President Obama on his failure to order assistance for the brave Americans while they were under attack in Benghazi for many hours on September 11, 2012. Mr. Woods said:
“Remember this, Mr. President: My son and the others died heroes, and it’s better to die the death of a hero than to live the life of a coward.”
Strong words from former National Security Adviser Bud McFarlane about President Obama and the Benghazi Scandal. McFarlane said it is impossible to think President Obama, who was in the White House as the brave Americans in Benghazi were under attack on September 11, did not know we had military assets that could come to their aid. To have known that and still do nothing, “is dereliction of duty that I have never seen in a President of any Party. Outrageous.”
The dam is starting to break on Barack Obama and his adminstration regarding the growing scandal of what happened in the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya – the attack that Obama and his people have repeatedly claimed was only a spontaneous riot over a video. We now know that is just not true, and Obama’s own administration is now admitting it was a terrorist attack. Then what could be the reason they attempted to cover that reality up with the video talking points? The answer may be starting to emerge.
The Daily Beast reports today that the Benghazi Consulate had been bombed twice in the run-up to September 11:
Jihadists twice set off explosives at the consulate prior to the incident that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens, and announced threats on Facebook about escalating attacks on Western targets in the run-up to the 9/11 anniversary, according to whistleblowers reaching out to House Republicans. . . . Read More
Now, the bombshell has dropped today that the U.S. Mission in Libya had requested increased security – but was denied by officials in Washington. The House Oversight Committee has sent a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that outlines 13 Security threats or incidents leading up to September 11, 2012 that took place, and asks her what she knew, and why the U.S. Mission in Libya was denied increased security:
HOUSE OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE: House Oversight and Government Reform Committee leaders today sent a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton asking why requests for more protection were denied to the U.S. mission in Libya by Washington officials prior to the September 11, 2012 terrorist attack that killed U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens. The denials came after repeated attacks and security threats to U.S. personnel.
“Based on information provided to the Committee by individuals with direct knowledge of events in Libya, the attack that claimed the ambassador’s life was the latest in a long line of attacks on Western diplomats and officials in Libya in the months leading up to September 11, 2012. It was clearly never, as Administration officials once insisted, the result of a popular protest,” the committee’s chairman, Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., and subcommittee chairman, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, write. “In addition, multiple U.S. federal government officials have confirmed to the Committee that, prior to the September 11 attack, the U.S. mission in Libya made repeated requests for increased security in Benghazi. The mission in Libya, however, was denied these resources by officials in Washington.”
The letter outlines 13 security threats over the six months prior to the attack.
“Put together, these events indicated a clear pattern of security threats that could only be reasonably interpreted to justify increased security for U.S. personnel and facilities in Benghazi,” the chairmen write.
The Committee indicated it intends to convene a hearing in Washington on Wednesday October 10, 2012, on the security failures that preceded the attack.
The September 11, 2012 attack killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans. The House Oversight Committee intends to convene a hearing on this growing scandal on October 10.
UPDATE: Jake Tapper at ABC News says the Obama White House has “no comment” on the matter.